Enjoy eggs safely
Eggs are a healthy, nutritious part of many Australians' diet. Like all perishable food they need careful handling to keep them safe.
Keep eggs cold
- keep eggs in the fridge after purchase
- keep eggs in their carton
- don't eat food meant to be stored in the fridge if left out for more than 2 hours
Keep it clean
- always use clean eggs, free from dirt and cracks
- keep hands, surfaces and utensils clean and dry before and after handling eggs
- separate whites from yolks using an egg separator
Eggs need care
- don't serve foods containing raw eggs to children under 2 years, pregnant women, people older than 70 years and people with low or compromised immune systems
- consume eggs within the recommended date on the carton
- to minimise risk, cook eggs until the white is completely firm and yolk begins to thicken
Free egg game app
Quick fingers? Put them to the test! Play this fast-paced, super addictive game to eliminate all the Bad Eggs, Good Glen & the Bad Eggs
Zap as many Bad Eggs as you can in the time limit. But don’t zap Good Glen, he’s one of the good guys and you’ll lose points.
Challenge your family or friends to beat your score!
Good Glen and the Bad Eggs is a free educational game on safe egg handling. It’s available to download from iTunes store for iPad and iPhone devices.