The following information is published about a successful prosecution for offence(s) under the Food Act 2003 (NSW) as part of the Register of offences (prosecutions).
||New Dragon BBQ House
|Name of convicted
||Dragon BBQ Pty Ltd
|Usual place of business
||126 South Parade
AUBURN NSW 2144
(of usual place of business)
|Address at which offence was committed
(for offences after 3 May 2008)
|126 South Parade
AUBURN NSW 2144
|Date of offence
|Nature and circumstances of offence
Offences under 21(1) of the Food Act 2003. The defendant failed to comply with the Food Standards Code, namely:
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.3 Clause 3(a)(b)(c)(d)(ii)(iii), fail to design and construct the food premises to be appropriate for the activities for which the premises are used, provide adequate space for the activities conducted on the food premises and for the fixtures, fittings and equipment used for those activities, permit the food premises to be effectively cleaned, not permit the entry of pests and not provide harbourage for pests.
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.2 Clause 6(1)(a), fail to store food in such a way that it is protected from contamination.
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.2 Clause 6(2)(a), fail to store potentially hazardous food under temperature control.
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.2 Clause 24(1)(b), fail to take all practicable measures to prevent pests entering the food premises.
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.2 Clause 24(1)(c), fail to take all practical measures to eradicate and prevent the harbourage of pests on the food premises.
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.2 Clause 19(1)(a)(c)(d)(e)(f) fail to maintain premises to a standard of cleanliness where there is no accumulation of garbage, food waste, dirt, grease and other visible matter.
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.2 Clause 17(1)(d)(i), fail to maintain at or near each hand washing facility on the food premises a supply of warm running water and single use towel or other effective means of drying hands that are not likely to transfer pathogenic micro-organisms to the hands.
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.2 Clause 21(1), fail to maintain food premises, fixtures and fittings in a good state of repair and working order having regard to their use.
- Food Safety Standard 3.2.3 Clause 6, fail to have facilities for the storage of garbage and recyclable matter that adequately contains the volume and type of garbage and recyclable matter on the food premises, enclose the garbage and recyclable matter, to keep pests and animals away from it, and are designed and constructed so that they may be easily and effectively cleaned.
|Date of decision
||Guilty, conviction recorded
||Local Court of NSW, Parramatta
||Offence 1: $2,000
Offence 2: $2,000
Offence 3: $2,000
Offence 4: $2,000
Offence 5: $3,000
Offence 6: $2,000
Offence 7: $2,000
Offence 8: $2,000
Offence 9: $2,000
Professional costs: $3,500
||No web link available
|Prosecution brought by or for
People listed in the register or with an interest in a business listed can apply to the Food Authority to add, correct or remove information if a business has been sold or disposed of after an offence, or a correction needs to be made.
The process for publication and the details which can be published changed from 3 May 2008. These differences are reflected in the register entries.