UPDATE: Kinder chocolate products
UPDATED 9 April 2022
The NSW Food Authority advises:
Ferrero Australia Pty. Ltd. is conducting a recall of various Kinder chocolate products (see below). The products have been available for sale nationally at Coles, Woolworths, Target, Kmart, Big W, independent food retailers including IGA and petrol stations, and online.
Date markings: All Best Before dates/batch codes
- Kinder Easter Basket 120g (6x20g): 19300698000619
- Kinder Mini Eggs Hazelnut: 100g: 19300698020242; 270g; 9300698503618; 750g: 9300698503618
- Kinder Surprise Maxi (Miraculous) 100g: 19300698018591
- Kinder Surprise Maxi (Natoons) 100g: 19300698016528
- Kinder Surprise Xmas Maxi (Disney Frozen 2021) 100g: 9300698502246
- Kinder Surprise Xmas Maxi (2021) 100g: 9300698501935
- Kinder Maxi Xmas Mix with Plush (2021) 133g: 9300698504004
- Kinder Xmas Happy Moments Ballotin (2021) 190g: 9300698503960
The above products are manufactured in Belgium. All other Ferrero products, including other Kinder products which are manufactured in Italy (including Kinder Surprise 20g single and three-pack eggs in white, blue and pink varieties) are not affected by this recall.
Problem: The recall is due to potential microbial (Salmonella) contamination.
Food safety hazard: Food products contaminated with Salmonella may cause illness if consumed.
Country of origin: Belgium (all Kinder products manufactured in Italy are not affected by this recall)
What to do: Consumers should not eat this product and should return the products to the place of purchase for a full refund. Any consumers concerned about their health should seek medical advice.
For further information please contact: