Picnics are a way of life for many Australians. Whether it’s a small gathering with friends in the park or a child’s birthday party, food seems to taste better when eaten outdoors.
- chill food thoroughly in the fridge before the picnic
- use an esky or cooler bag to transport food
- keep food cold with ice, ice bricks and frozen drinks
- wash and dry hands before preparing or eating food. Consider sanitising wipes or gel if there won't be any water
- don’t eat food that’s meant to be in the fridge if left out for more than 2 hours.
For more information read the ‘Picnics and BBQs’ brochure (pdf 1.4MB).