Proposals and policy initiatives
Effective, minimum regulation
NSW food regulations are actively reviewed and updated to:
- keep pace with changes in the food industry
- minimise the burden of government regulation.
Current regulations and change proposals are based on evidence and consultation.
These pages explain some of the significant proposals and the processes to develop them.
- naming and shaming non-compliant food outlets (the registers of alleged food law breaches) implemented
- food safety programs for hospitals and aged care facilities (the Vulnerable Persons Food Safety Scheme) implemented
- 3rd-party audits of selected food businesses (the Regulatory food safety auditor system) implemented
- kJ labelling: nutrition information requirements implemented
- Food Safety Supervisors implemented
- Poultry Standard development implemented
- Scores on Doors implemented